It is recommended that the participants hold at least a Bachelor of Engineering degree.
The development of HVDC transmission systems has become increasingly important in recent years, as these systems can transmit large amounts of power over long distances with minor losses. Underground power cables are one of the technologies used in more and more applications.
This three day training course will address and highlight the entire HVDC cable life cycle, providing participants with a holistic view and sound understanding of HVDC cables and their accessories. It will also include an overview of the risks during the various phases of a HVDC project.For more information, please refer to the brochure or contact us.
This training course is available on request (content, location and duration can be adapted to you specific wishes).
- HVDC system technology
- HVDC cable system design parameters
- HVDC cable materials & accessories
- HVDC cable joints and terminations
- HVDC cable installation on land and subsea
- HVDC cable ageing and cable failures
- Quality assurance and quality control, inspections and testing
- Asset management of HVDC power cables during the operation phase
- Visit to the KEMA laboratories (if course venue is Arnhem)
Engineers, staff and other parties (insurance companies, investors, etc.) currently working or interested in HVDC power cables. We assume that participants have a general knowledge of power cable theory, manufacturing, installation, testing and operation. A Bachelor of Engineering degree is recommended.
DNV GL offers a range of courses in the field of power cables: